Microneedling - A new way to make collagen
Collagen Induction Therapy, also known as Microneedling, is a minimally invasive treatment with virtually no downtime. The primary appeal of Microneedling is its ability to stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin, which is the key to new, youthful looking skin.
With its ability to trigger the generation of new skin cells, just a few sessions of Microneedling will noticeably reduce fine lines and even deep wrinkles.
Collagen is arguably the most vital way to improve the look of skin, and this goes far beyond reducing wrinkles.
By stimulating collagen growth with Microneedling, you can also reverse sun damage and discoloration, improve skin texture, tighten skin, shrink pores and diminish acne scars.
"I love microneedling for its ability to utilize the body's own natural healing mechanisms, so the results are very natural," says Lisa Marie. "Also because there's minimal downtime with it, I often recommend it as a maintenance for people who are trying to stave off the signs of aging."
$325 / face per session
- Package Pricing
- 3 Sessions $895
- 4 Sessions $1150
- Add Microneedling to your Neck & Décolleté $50 per session
As we age our body begins to lose volume, and our skin becomes loose and with less elasticity. This naturally happens as the building blocks of collagen proteins that help keep our cells strong and connected begins to degrade and become weaker over time. As a result, gravity tends to have more influence on your skin cells, and over time this creates droopiness, wrinkles, and bands on your skin. This is the problem that microneedling aims to solve — and many have said that we do that job very well.
During the skin’s healing process, your body produces fresh collagen to replace the damaged collagen, which rejuvenates your skin by increasing your body’s natural production of collagen and elastin. This results in an overall improvement in the texture and tightness of your skin by “filling in the lines,” and removing the wrinkles, scars, and stretch marks that can keep you looking young as you age.
Microneedling, also referred to as collagen induction therapy, involves using super-fine needles to create hundreds of tiny, invisible puncture wounds in the top layer of the skin. These wounds are called micro-injuries, and the micro-injuries that you create with microneedling stimulate the body’s innate wound-healing processes.
The number of treatments required varies based on two things, the first being the results you want to achieve, and the second being which part of the body treatment is being performed on.
Just a few sessions of microneedling will noticeably reduce fine lines, crow’s feet, and deep wrinkles on the forehead. For most wrinkles or stretch marks on the body, depending on the severity, you may need 4 to 8 microneedling treatments to achieve optimal skin-tightening results.
The risk involved in microneedling treatments is very minimal. After a treatment, dry skin or red discoloration may occur, which will typically subside within a week.
The Plasma Aesthetics industry is exploding. Not only are more and more people becoming aware of this revolutionary anti-aging treatment, but men and women all around the world are also recognizing this technique as a solution they can really live with and are choosing Plasmasthetics over traditional options such as plastic surgery and injectables.
This innovative technology utilizes plasma, formed through ionization of atmospheric gasses to stimulate instant contraction and tightening of skin fibers and collagen production for a specific target area.
Plasmasthetics is a surgery alternative with minimal downtown and much more affordable.
This treatment is used for:
- eyelid reconstruction, including resolving baggy lower eyelids and excess upper eyelid skin
- skin imperfections, including skin tags and sunspots
- lines and wrinkles around the mouth
- improvement in the appearance of scarring, including post-surgery scars, acne scars
- tightening loose stomach skin after pregnancy
- facelifts and neck lifts
- A Free Consultation is required before an appointment can be booked. Consultation will determine if you are suitable for this treatment, and to answer any questions.
Plasmasthetics is a Fibroblast treatment that is performed with a device called a Plasma Pen which looks similar to a pen and is used to produce plasma waves. The Fibroblasts are the collagen-producing cells in the skin. The plasma waves are directed as tiny light spots along the wrinkle lines. The tip of the pen never touches the skin (and the needle-like attachment is disposable and one-time use). The pen is held above the skin and a tiny plasma arc connects the tip of the device to the surface of the epidermis.
Using plasma waves, the old collagen is removed by Sublimation (Evaporation), and fibroblasts are stimulated to produce new collagen. The targeted skin contracts and is essentially eliminated without any cutting, which results in the tightening and shrinking of the targeted skin. This advanced procedure helps to revive natural levels of the Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid and Fibronectin needed for fresh youthful skin. A series of tiny brown spots are strategically placed to attain the desired result. The skin around the dot tightens instantly, pulling the cells closer together. No overtightening will occur. The evaporated old collagen is seen as tiny brown scabs on the treated area. The tiny "microdot", brown scab or protective crust, or carbon crust on the surface will fall off on their own in approx. 3-7 days.
It is very safe, low-risk, and highly effective. As with most cosmetic treatments, a consultation with an experienced, trained practitioner prior to service, as well as a strict aftercare routine, is required to promote proper healing and to help you achieve the maximum results.
- Anywhere with Loose or Saggy Skin
- Eyelid reconstruction, including resolving baggy lower eyelids and excess upper eyelid skin
- Skin imperfections and benign lesions, including skin tags and sunspots
- Improvement in the appearance of scarring, including post-surgery scars, acne scars
- Diminishing Stretch marks
- Tightening loose stomach skin after pregnancy
- Lines and wrinkles around the mouth
- Facelift and neck lift
Results are immediate, however as the deepest layers of the skin continue to heal over a 6-8 week period, results will improve over time, with most clients starting to see their best results around 4 weeks post-treatment.
The number of treatments required will vary according to the condition being treated, skin's laxity, the desired degree of correction and the individual’s response to the treatment. Most clients see results instantly and this continues to improve over the course of the following 3 months. Further treatments can be carried out to get better results.
With Plasmasthetics, although it is uncommon to require more than two treatments, extreme cases may require three to four. Appointments must be spaced out 6-8 weeks.
Deep wrinkles and expression lines usually require touch-ups. Most clients will see fairly significant results after the first treatment, and if additional treatments are required, they will be done at 8 weeks.
Plasmastheics treatment is a surgery alternative, it delivers similar results as cosmetic surgery without the risk, cost, or recovery time. It is non-invasive and pain is minimal.
Numbing agent is applied for the client's comfort, and the entire procedure lasts approximately 30-60 minutes or more for larger areas. As the plasma flash comes into contact with the skin, it leaves a tiny dot on the skin's surface, referred to as "carbon crusts." They are quite small and will usually fall off within 3-7 days after the treatment, revealing new pink skin beneath.
Most clients will notice some swelling and tenderness for about 3-5 days post-treatment, particularly around the eyelids as they are most sensitive. After that period, most clients will notice that the majority of the swelling has gone down, however, the deepest layers of the skin will still be healing for up to 8 weeks while collagen and elastin fibers are replenishing.
Plasmasthetics is more than a simple tightening treatment so the effects should last as long as they would with invasive surgery. Like all surgical and cosmetic procedures, the effects of plasma treatment are not entirely permanent as it does not stop any further aging, but, the positive results should last you years depending on the area treated, client, and quality of aftercare. The positive effects of treatment will be noticeable immediately after the first treatment, but the best results will be seen after 4 weeks.
Clients will be provided with aftercare instructions on factors that will affect the longevity of their treatment, such as sun exposure, alcohol consumption, and smoking. As with most cosmetic and/or surgical procedures, Plasmasthetic treatments may require follow-up appointments and treatments.
Unlike Botox which paralyzes the underlying muscle to remove the face wrinkles and expression lines, Plasmasthetics will keep your facial expressions normal, which adds to the beauty of the results. There is no risk of over tightening and over correction, which may happen with other surgical procedures.
Plasmasthetics is a no cut, no injection, and no laser procedure so there is minimal discomfort. However, pain is subjective. Some clients report some discomfort and others report none at all. A mild tingling may be felt during the procedure, but a very effective topical anesthetic is used to help alleviate any discomfort.
We cannot perform/do not recommend the procedure if you:
- are pregnant or nursing
- have a pacemaker
- are having a current outbreak of the Herpes Simplex Virus (oral cold sores) - Valtex must be taken 3 days prior to the treatment and for 4 days afterward for lip area treatments only
- have dark skin (Fitzpatrick scale V and above) - these skin types have a much higher risk of hyper and hypopigmentation
- are on a current chemo treatment plan
- are diabetic or have a healing disorder (we may ask for a doctor's clearance)
- have issues with lymphatic drainage (lymph collects under the skin in pockets, usually beneath the eyes)
- have any auto-immune disease (for certain clients we will ask for a doctor's note to confirm candidacy)
- have viral infections and/or diseases, are sick, or are on antibiotics
- suffer from epilepsy
- have had an organ transplant
- have skin irritations or psoriasis near the treatment area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- have a residual tan or sunburn - treatment will be postpones until there is no sign of sun damage
- are prone to keloid scars (raised, red scars)
- have had Botox in the past 3 weeks
- have used Accutane/Retin-A in the past year
- have eyelash extensions - these must be removed prior to any work near the eyes
- are under the age of 18 (clients may be asked to provide proof of age)
A Free Consultation is required before an appointment can be booked. Consultation will determine if you are suitable for this treatment, and to answer any questions. If you decide to book a treatment a non-refundable $100.00 deposit is required at the time of booking to secure your appointment. The deposit will be deducted from your final amount the day of your procedure. This deposit is transferable to reschedule your appointment as long as a minimum of 48 hours notice is given. It is Not transferable to another person. If you choose to cancel your appointment and not rebook, or cancel within the 48 hour cancellation window, the deposit is forfeited.
No make-up to be worn and skin to be clean in the area to be treated
For eye treatments no make-up and no false lashes or no eye extensions can be worn
No Alcohol or Caffeine 24 hours prior to treatment;
Do not apply products, creams , or ointment containing Alcohol before or after treatment, if unsure best to apply nothing
It is recommended to take an anti-histamine approx 30 minutes prior to your appointment to help with swelling and may be required to continue 2-3 days following your appointment at the recommended dosage. (especially for eye treatments) After treatment, you will be given through written and verbal aftercare instructions to ensure that the best results are achieved. In the week following treatment (or until the treatment area has fully healed) Do Not use an exfoliating wash or cleanser. Instead, opt for a pH-balanced unscented glycerin soap, and avoid rubbing or picking the area
Make sure all clothing around treatment are is comfortable and loose. Any tight clothing in procedure area can cause irritation
No Hair Removal, Tanning, or Tinting 3 days before.
With the scabs in place (3-7 days):
- Keep the treated area totally dry until the brown dots fall off;
- The scabs may become darker, which is a normal healing process;
- Allow the brown scabs to fall off on their own (Do Not touch, scratch, pick, or rub them, this will cause scarring)
- Do Not use Any make-up at all;
- Do Not cover the scabs with band-aids/plasters;
- Do Not wet or soak the scabs (Do Not workout, swim, sauna, or use hot tubs);
- Must keep area covered and avoid Any Sun exposure/tanning beds as sunscreen cannot be used until the scabs have fallen off, to prevent scarring and hypo or hyperpigmentation
After the scabs fall off up to 4-6 weeks:
- Do Not use your old make-up or old sponge on the treated area;
- Do not use any product on the treated area unless you consult your practitioner;
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds;
- Always use SPF50 ssunscreenas the UV rays can damage the treated area and cause hypo or hyper-pigmentation especially in the first 3 months;
- Use lint free cotton pads to apply cleansing solution. Pat dry the area gently;
- If required apply soothing gel (advised by technician). It will sooth any redness, swelling, or itching.
- It can take 4-6 weeks for complete healing of the treated area. After that, a touch-up may be required.